Digital Content Manager
The digital content manager works closely with the publisher and editorial team to shape and edit the written and visual online content for The Truly Co. This is a volunteer, remote position, but team building opportunities and in-person meetings (occasional) are based in Minnesota. Work hours are flexible when able to work within established deadlines.
Attend online content meetings to be a voice in determining what content is best for various platforms (call for submissions twice annually, and other times as needed).
Lead the editing and publishing process for content designated for Truly’s blog:
- Review written blog submissions for overall story continuity and alignment with Truly’s mission, and make comments and edits in Google Docs to communicate needed changes with writers.
- Communicate via email with writers about article status and publishing.
- Edit for grammar, mechanics, and house style.
- Schedule blogs and social content to align with editorial calendar themes (future podcast, blog, social media).
Establish and maintain editorial calendar for online content, including:
- Blog post publishing
- Instagram and Facebook posts (coordinating blog publishing or other campaigns)
- Email campaigns
- Magazine launch strategies
Create supporting social media content, including:
- Brand-consistent Instagram imagery and text
- Creative campaign ideas
- Facebook group community-building opportunities
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/HAS:
Strong editing experience for overall story as well as grammatical and mechanical edits.
Motivated self-starter who is able to take initiative and work with flexible timelines.
Strong communication and organizational skills to update the Truly team on project status.
Able to work creatively within Truly brand guidelines.
Graphic design experience, familiar with software including Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign.
Ability to work well remotely and coordinate with the founder, creative team, and editorial team as necessary.